What to look for when choosing a real estate agent in the Comox Valley
Selling a home isn’t as straightforward as you might want it to be. The process involves legal requirements, large sums of money and the potential for costly mistakes.
Working with an experienced Realtor will help you sell your Comox Valley home for the best possible price in the least amount of time, and ensure that everything is handled efficiently and professionally.
There are plenty of real estate agents in the Comox Valley, and it’s important that you’re comfortable and confident with the agent you choose. The best agent is the one who will take the time to understand your needs and wants, and then do the best job of marketing your home, negotiating the most favourable terms and conditions and communicating effectively with you to make the process as seamless as possible.
With the right Realtor, you’re not just another listing!
5 tips for selecting the right Comox Valley Realtor for you
- Talk to more than one Realtor. Get recommendations from friends and relatives, and find out which Realtors are buying and selling the most homes in your area. Read online reviews and interview three or four agents to find the one who’s best suited to you and knows the Comox Valley real estate market.
- Ask questions. Find out how many listings a Realtor has, how many homes she’s sold in your area and how often she’ll communicate with you (and how). It’s also a good idea to know how your Realtor intends to market your home, who your target buyer is and how she’ll get your home in front of those buyers.
- Choose a full-time Realtor. You want a Realtor who’s actively following the market and available to show your home to prospective buyers at any time. It’s also important to value quality of service and to be more than just another listing to your Realtor!
- Enlist a good negotiator. The most important work of your agent is to make sure the sale closes. She needs to keep up with details of the transaction to ensure the homebuyer is preapproved for a mortgage, the home is free of liens before it goes on the market, the appraisal is accurate, and the home passes inspection.
- Ensure they know the Comox Valley market. An experienced Realtor will compare your home to properties that have sold in your area and help you list it at a price that will sell. Ask too much and you run the risk of your home sitting on the market and not selling; ask too little and you risk a loss on your investment.
I’d be happy to meet with you and discuss how I may be able to help. Who knows – you might just find that I’m the perfect Comox Valley Realtor for you!
Contact me today at 250-792-2776 or by email at email@example.com